My birth story


Did I peed myself?
I've red about how birth would start with labour pain and then the water would break.
Three weeks before due date, with last working day tomorrow, I was looking forward to three weeks of rest before the big day.
Then I felt something running. I certainly didn't feel like peeing or did I? It was too subtle to be the water breaking....or is it THE water?

Waiting at the hospital
After calling the hospital they wanted us to drop in for a check just to make sure that it wasn't. I was pretty sure that I've over reacted. Thinking they'll send me back home swiftly so didn't bring my birth bag.
At the hospital the nurse snifted my tiny (used) sanitary napkin and I was poked at, stucken by needle and squeezed. Finally after taking a sample they could confirm that my water broke.
- WHAT?!! I thought it would be more dramatic, like water forcefully pouring out or something. Just like in the movies. Or at least more than a few drops. They must have been mistaken.
But then, they are professional people so who am I to doubt them

So I was hooked on antibiotics and checked in.

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=659ae40025&view=att&th=140f381ea677053f&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_nU_H3bDpsyuYuA7ugoJQZ&sadet=1378474939297&sads=lXF7S-J6ZRtxnBHjRrdtdrgnXwU
24 hours passed and nothing happen except me getting bored of the hospital food and view.
So they started the induction.

The pain
It was evening so I sent my better half home and I went to sleep. Woke up a couple of hours later with mild stomach ache.
- Could this be labour pain?
Nah they said it will propably start in the morning so I went back to sleep.
The pain didn't stop. It got more and more intense.
Called on the midwife. Barely 2cm open she said, I should better go back to sleep.
I didn't agree. Called my guy and told him that he probably should come back to hospital.

The pain became unbearable after a couple of hours. Rang on the midwife.
At this time I've lost track of time. It felt like forever at the time but in my memory it could have just been an hour.
I was imagening myself surfing on big waves in a storming ocean. When that didn't help block out the pain anymore I start squeezing my fiances hand and when that wasn't useful anymore they rolled me into the labour room.
- WAIT! what about epidural? GIVE ME EPIDURAL, I scream. And everytime I asked for it, the midwife told me it wasn't time yet.
In the end I didn't get any.

The birth
4 cm. I was clinging desperately to the bed support.
6 cm. - I WANT TO DIE!!! I scream. If I can't have epidual, what else do you got?
So I got poked by needle AKA acupuncture. Nope didn't help.
- I know you want to push, but don't push yet. Said the midwife.
I tried not to but it was kind of impossible not to push. And short after I was told it was OK to push.

It feels like trying to squeese out a huge poop that got stucked.
- OK mr poop, it's you and me. I want you OOOOOOOUUUUUUT!!!!!
This bit felt like forever and suddently I felt a crack or something was tearing apart.
I felt such a relief and thought that was it! I'm done! When I heard the midwife and my fiance - The head is out. Keep pushing!
Oh, that was just the head. Another squeeze and I heard the most amazing sound. My baby screaming.
Another squeeze and the placenta was out. Finally I was done.

Exhausted
The next thing I know, there was this little creature, crawling on my belly, studying me with one eye open and the other half shutted.
https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=659ae40025&view=att&th=140f3b5acd64f768&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_nU_H3bDpsyuYuA7ugoJQZ&sadet=1378480421793&sads=rGu4chMDtWHZ9-yU_e3GDTRZ8ig
It's half five in the early morning and we all have been awake the whole night.

I felt good. No more pain....or so I thought, until they told me to step off the bed for a shower and pee.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar