Some Bergen facts

Been living here for a little bit over three months, I kind of feel ashamed that I haven't written anything specific about the town I moved into. I guess all the 'exitement' about Norway ran out after Ålesund.
First of all I don't live in the town center but more in the peripheral part of Bergen. The big reason is the cost.


 Photos taken from visitnorway since I have yet taken any pictures of Bergen

1. Renting market i hot and so are the prices. A tiny one room of 20-35 sqm cost no less than 6000 NOK per month in rent and it's not even furnished!
2. Bergen is against car owners. Toll barriers are placed when you going in and out of town center. Imagine myself driving to work and back everyday, it'll dig a whole in my wallet!
Furthermore, it cost to drive with spiky tires and the limit availability of parking spot just make the town center a less attractive place to live.

What's on the plus side is the range of flight routes. Comparing to Ålesund, more citys are available via Flesland than Vigra. It's also more choices when it comes to asian food markets and restaurants. I found a Vietnamese restaurant with quite reasonable prices (for Norway).
Also there's a wider choices when it comes to nightlife, and cheaper alcohol alternatives than Ålesund.
The 'nearby' ski resort here, Voss is more accessible and bigger than Stranda.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar